Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Breaking News: Another Republican Makes an Illegal Move

Gov. Chris Christie from New Jersey made illegal education cuts that violate the Abbott v. Burke: Education Justice For All .  

A New Jersey Superior Court Judge found today, Christie's cuts to be illegal and unable to provide "thorough and efficient" education.

From NJ.Com, "Judge Peter Doyne, who was appointed as special master in the long-running Abbott vs. Burke school funding case, today issued an opinion that also found the reductions "fell more heavily upon our high risk districts and the children educated within those districts."
"Despite spending levels that meet or exceed virtually every state in the country, and that saw a significant increase in spending levels from 2000 to 2008, our 'at risk' children are now moving further from proficiency," he said."

Last year, Rep Christie slashed $820 million dollars from education and public schools.   When are republicans going to realize that when you cut spending to education, that the ending result is this:
Snookie from Jersey Shore




This is what not enough of the right education does to our society.  It creates bored, uneducated people who are either drunk, pissed off, or both. Then they get shows, glorifying their awesome drunkeness, and you either hate them or love them, but you can't turn away from watching the oncoming train.  Or, you get the tea party, who are both, drunk and pissed off.  I have only ever watched one episode of The Jersey Shore.  I just cannot stomach it.  I just don't enjoy watching a show where it showcases people screwing up their lives instead of doing something positive with it.  For that same reason, I cannot watch Intervention, Hoarders, or any of the sort of shows like that.  Why do we like to watch shows that show people in worse off situations than us? I don't get it, but I'm getting off topic here.

What's with all the education cuts? I guess to the republicans, the dumber you are, the more likely you are to vote for them.  That's just my opinion, but it also seems to be the general consensus.  I am proud to be an educated "liberal elite".  Yep I am!

If you are thinking, you are winning!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the Jersey Shore, but Intervention and I suspect even Hoarders can be very enlightening. As the wife of an alcoholic, I have learned much about my own behavior by watching Intervention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, your a wife of an alcoholic also?! LoL. It's fun isn't it? I know exactly what you mean by learning from other's behaviors to acknowledge your own, but I personally prefer Al-Anon to intervention :) LoL. I used to watch Intervention all the time, but for some reason, I just can't stand it anymore.

    ReplyDelete